Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yesterday's Men have enough fuel for today


I was in Dublin on Sunday night to see Madness play at The Point Depot. I've been to loads of gigs at The Point and always make it my point to check the back of the hall to see if it's as bouncing there as it is at the front. Normally it isn't, on account of the fans occupying the front rows and the back being populated with those just out for the night. This was not the case for Madness. All 8,000 people were on their feet from the very moment the band started their set with a rousing 'One Step Beyond'. All the hits were there - 'Baggy Trousers', 'Our House', 'Embarrasment', 'House of Fun', 'My Girl', 'Night Boat to Cairo' and loads more. A few dodgy covers aside, the night was stomping and Suggs has not aged a day since his '80s heyday. Unfortunately they didn't play two of my favourites - 'Michael Caine' and 'One Better Day'. So to make up for it here's the video for the latter:


No comments: